compiling question

CodeHeads ch at code-heads.com
Wed Jan 25 14:43:40 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 14:32 +0000, Andy Green wrote:
> CodeHeads wrote:
>
> > I am trying to compile courier-authlib and it seems that it keeps
> > looping. Does anyone know what the problem might be??
>
> If you mean you successfully compiled it, and the resulting binary just
> sits there, use
>
> strace
>
> to run it and see what it is doing.
>
> If you mean that the make process keeps on forever or stall, more info
> needed.
>
> -Andy
> --

Sorry, I should have included more info.

I am trying to:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --exec-prefix=/usr/local
--with-authvchkpw --without-authldap --without-authmysql
--disable-root-check --with-ssl
--with-authchangepwdir=/usr/local/libexec/authlib --with-redhat

There where errors of missing c++ and gbm & db I installed them, I think
I got them all that was required (checking now).

It seems that it is going through the configure then starting over
again. It just keeps doing that. Not stopping so I can run make && make
check

make install-strip && make install-configure

NOTE: I am following the how guide on qmailrocks.

--
Best regards,
~WILL~