Fedora 4 installation via floppy

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 19:46:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 13:23, Mike McCarty wrote:

> > That's the first time I've seen the words floppy and
> > ideal in the same sentence in this century, I think.
>
> You do use charged terms, as this century isn't very
> old. You make it sound like it's been 50 years.

Well, ethernet was invented in 1973...

> > I suppose a computer without a network might still have
> > some use but I can't think of it offhand.  Is it working
> > for you or are you working for it when you hand-carry
> > the data over?
>
> Umm, contract work developing software for pharmacies until
> recently (last August). I don't have *any* computers connected
> to a "network", unless you consider my ADSL modem a network
> connection. Certainly I have no "shares" at all.

That just seems like an odd choice for someone with
multiple computers.  I remember doing networking with
DOS boxes in the late 80's/early 90's with unix systems
and something that worked like samba.  I thought you
could download the dos side of that from somewhere and it
should work with samba now.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com