How to compile in Fedora?

David Boles dgboles at comcast.net
Wed Jan 25 21:18:58 UTC 2006

yonas abraham wrote:
> David Boles wrote:
>> James Wilkinson wrote:

>>> I'd be interested to hear why you think this.
>>>
>>> James.
>>>
>> I guess what I should have asked you was your question -
>>
>> 1) Why do I mention that people are leaving Mandriva?
>> 2) Why do I think that there will be more questions like this?
>> 3) Why do I think that 'they' are coming to Fedora Core?
>>

> I would ask you the Third one.

I can think of several reasons.

The look and feel of the OS is somewhat familiar so the learning curve is not
too steep. Things are different but not too different. RPM is here and the
software GUIs are similar. 'Things' work or get fixed. The software is  more
up to date.

The Fedora lists have friendly people. The answers to questions are fast to
arrive and written well. And I, for one, have not had my head bitten off for
asking a 'stupid' question. At least not yet.

Did I mention that I am one of these Mandriva to Fedora people? I do not
recall. If you will allow me I would like to stay.

--

  David