How to compile in Fedora?

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Jan 26 00:29:20 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 25 January 2006 5:41 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> When I started, with Mandrake 8, it was friendly helpful lists that got
> me going.  The lists stayed helpful and friendly.  That's probably the
> biggest reason that I never tried any other distro until recently.
> Finding this list to be just as friendly and helpful has encouraged me.
> I intend staying for the forseeable future.

I find this discussion "interesting", as I'm in process of giving up on a
Mandrake derivative, precisely because of the "cliquish" and rather negative
ambiance of the list. I put my foot in my mouth early on, complaining
strongly about a decision to deliver WM enabled browsing, but with a huge on
screen display turned on of the time counting as the video progressed. I
guess I ruffled some feathers with that post, and never was able to get much
help on various issues that came up after that - seemed rather thin skinned
to me, especially given the behavior I observed of many others, there. It's
too bad - I still like Fedora the best because of its huge flexibility, but
it does take a bit more work to set up, which for the technically challenged,
makes it a bit hard to recommend.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA