iso disk problems

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Thu Jan 26 09:34:33 UTC 2006

At 07:58 26/01/2006, you wrote:

>Anne Ramey wrote:
>Interesting. I tried to download Fedora, but only the first iso came
>through completely, the other three stopped somewhere close to
>the end of the download just before full download was reported in
>the download manager. I tried to pause and resume to see
>if this would make them go the last mile, but they stayed frozen.
>Therefore I have not burned the CD's, I did not expect that any
>success would come from an incomplete download.
>I downloaded in Mozilla Firefox, and as far as I know that should
>not be a problem.
>Maybe this is your problem, a close to- but no complete download?
>Does anybody know if this may be mirror related?
>I just used the download page on the Fedora website.
>Does anyone know where I could get a complete download?
>
>Brgds
>Per-Anton
>

>--

I've found that it's far better to use bit torrent. I used the
information and torrent files here

http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/

to download FC5t2 but FC4 is available here too.

My service went down loads of times because the ISP was fooling
around doing upgrades all weekend, so I had to keep resetting the
router to get it going again. But sha1sum said that all the files were OK.

Dave F