For your amusement

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Thu Jan 26 12:27:06 UTC 2006

Whilst sitting here in front of a 5% routed PCB artwork, feeling
incredibly bored, thinking why the hell did I suggest to my boss
those several years ago that I could make a better job of a PCB than
that idiot contractor who managed to get the silk screen wrong way
round on that tantalum capacitor that went bang.....

An amusing thought occurred to me. Now that discrimination is so
widely illegal, for instance we're not allowed to discriminate
against people on grounds of race, religion, disability, sex, sexual
orientation, etc. etc., it also ought to be illegal to discriminate
against people on the grounds of the operating system they choose to use.

Just imagine - Nokia would be compelled to provide phone sync
software for kaddressbook as well as outlook. We would have Microsoft
Office for Linux, which could be very healthy, as it would provide
some competition for Open Office. Manufacturers of embedded device
programmers would provide driver software for all operating systems.
Sales of commercial versions of Qt would go through the roof as
somebody in Redmond started buying thousands of copies to reduce the
cost of cross platform support.

Anyway, back the PCB and dreaming of my numbers matching the
Euromillions draw tomorrow.