isdn asu|2002 isdn ta

Markku Kolkka markkuk at tuubi.net
Thu Jan 26 12:41:13 UTC 2006

Tony Dietrich kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika torstai, 26.
tammikuuta 2006 00:40):
> You need two separate ISDN cards  and the software to
> aggregate the two channels together in order to take advantage
> of both channels.

No. The two 64kbps B channels share a single physical line, and
only one card is used. Back when I used ISDN on RHL, there was a
daemon that would dynamically switch between single-channel and
dual-channel mode based on bandwidth demand.

> And of course, you need two connections to
> the ISP.

Right, if you are charged by connection time you will be charged
double price for 128kbps.

--
 Markku Kolkka
 markku.kolkka at iki.fi