Missing desktop icon with new USB drive

Robert Cahn robertscahn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 13:43:47 UTC 2006

I have been using a 128M USB drive for backup and transfer between systems.
Whenever I plug it in it is mounted in /media/usbdisk and a cute little icon
pops up on the desktop. I have another 60 GB hard drive that exhibits the
same behavion. I recently bought a 1G drive.  When I plug it in the system
automatically mounts it as /media/TRAVELDRIVE.  It appears in Kwikdisk and
works correctly but no desktop icon.  It's just a nit but I was wondering
why it wasn't mounted in the same place and what happened to the icon?

/Bob Cahn
Gipsy Trail Club
Carmel, NY 10512