UW IMAP C-Client Library in FC4

Hongwei Li hongwei at wustl.edu
Thu Jan 26 17:08:01 UTC 2006

> Hongwei Li wrote:
>
>> I try to install a Squirrelmail plugin serversidefilter that requires "UW
>> IMAP
>> C-Client Library".  I searched the system and the updates, but could not
>> find
>> anything related to c_client library.
>
> libc-client-devel
>
> -- Rex

Thanks a lot!  I updated and installed libc-client and libc-client-devel to
version 2002e-17, then recompile the package for squirrelmail plugin
serversidefilter.  The errors about mail.h and 2002e-17 are gone, but I got
the following warnings and errors (too long, I cut it):

gcc -c filtercmd.c  -DSQUIRRELMAILCONFIGFILE='"/etc/squirrelmail/config.php"'
gcc -c checkcreds_cclient.c  -I/usr/include/imap '-DMAIL_H="mail.h"'
'-DLINKAGE_C="linkage.c"' -DIMAP_TIMEOUT=2
checkcreds_cclient.c: In function âmm_loginâ:
checkcreds_cclient.c:84: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
built-in function âstrncpyâ
gcc -o filtercmd filtercmd.o checkcreds_cclient.o /usr/lib/c-client.a -lssl
-lpam -L/usr/lib/ -lgssapi_krb5 -lcrypt -lkrb5 -lresolv -lcom_err -ldl -lz
-lcrypto -lk5crypto  -static
/usr/lib//libpam.a(pam_handlers.o)(.text+0x9d0): In function
`_pam_parse_conf_file':
: warning: Using 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires at
runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
... (a lot...)
: undefined reference to `krb5int_getspecific'
/usr/lib//libgssapi_krb5.a(gssapi_krb5.o)(.text+0x21f): In function
`kg_set_ccache_name':
: undefined reference to `krb5int_setspecific'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [filtercmd] Error 1

I checked /usr/lib and find that all required libs in Makefile are there.
What should I do to fix the error?

Thanks!

Hongwei