New thread, really need assistance on this - high security hardware

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Jan 27 02:32:01 UTC 2006

Rickey Moore wrote:

> Fedoration greets,
>
>I'm hoping to develop a tablet clientdevice, no keyboard, no mouse, just a touchscreen and wireless and a static operating system burned onto a DVD, live filesystem in ram. I'd like to not have to use a
>harddrive at all. Just the DVD to boot from and ram and wireless combination for any file writing.  Any
>pointers in that direction would be appreciated.
>
>I understand that the Japanese have developed such machines to a high art for their education system. I
>don't want any input devices other than the touch screen for high security purposes... no output
>hardware besides the LED screen , wireless, and an audio jack. The case would have to be high impact
>rated, such as lexan material, and the box battery powered. Thumbprint login for security.
>
>My idea is that with virtually no input other than the touchscreen, it'll be secure as hell. Finally, it has
>to be cheap. Very cheap, if I'm to propose my !
>package
> to state agencies. <cackles> Thanx, in advance, for
>any considerations, Ric

Touchscreens are pretty hard to manage systems where entering text
information is needed. The touchscreen is closer to a mouse than a text
entering device. Keep that fact in mind if you plan on being able to
customize the device at any time.
Good luck with the project.
Jim

--
Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while.