Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Jan 27 12:38:25 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 16:59 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 12:01 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 14:47 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > > Hi

> > > So you choose to not trust the foundation, all the community members at
> > > FESCO or Red Hat itself. I would suggest contributing to a project that
> > > you trust instead. Good luck.
> > Seems to me as if you haven't understand a glimpse of what I am saying.
> >
> > Therefore let me try to elaborate: Like all other OSS projects, Fedora
> > is based on users', developers' and sponsoring/financing organs'
> > opinions and objectives are sufficiently intersecting. These parties own
> > genuine interests are irrelevant to the other parties.
> >

> Your point is exactly what Rahul has been saying.
Not quite: RH is dictating and seem to expect all others to swallow.

What I say: OSS projects are give and take. If what others give (here:
RH) is non-interesting from an individual's perspective (here: me, rsp.
those who want FC3 to be continued), the whole project becomes
non-interesting to an individual.

I don't deny Rahul is contributing something.

The question to me are: How much about RH's work is "community oriented"
and how much about RH's work wouldn't have be done if Fedora wasn't
"community oriented", and how much about Fedora is a marketing hype?

> If you want to make a difference, step up to the plate and assist the
> project.
In case you don't know: I maintain ca. 50 packages in FE and reviewed
many others.

> If you are not willing to do that, then you are relegating yourself to
> the field of those users who are only interested in what is already
> available in a format someone else has created.
C.f. above - I am "demanding", because "I gave".

Ralf