New thread, really need assistance on this - high security hardware

Rickey Moore wayward4now at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 14:09:01 UTC 2006

Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote: On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 21:50 -0800, Rickey Moore wrote:
> prison inmate) and for security reasons ...[snip]... That's why the
> thumbprint login.

I do hope you've read the various articles about how easy it can be to
circumvent thumbprint scanners?
Good point, but the motivation to do so is absent, especially when the consequences would be not only dire; going to the 'hole', loss of priviledge, possible increased security level (going to a worse place than the one you're in) violation of disobeyance of a direct order in your jacket, picking up cigarette butts for a week, etc., the 'client' may lose the chance for rehabilitation as well as the chance to possibly win an early replease.  In short, not worth the bother.

<g> If you had all of these possible strikes against you in the 'Real World' you'd think twice about circumventing a thumbprint login. If you were in for 'Uttering' (bad checks) and being held in minimum custody, assuming the identity of a 1st Degree murderer, being held in a Super Max, would be highly unprofitable. Someone in custody might think it would be just to transfer yourself to the SuperMax and put you in the cell with the Murderer whose identity you tried to steal. <roflol> Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Nah, I'm pretty sure they'll play their cards right. I can count on them to serve their own best interests. They always have, and that's one element of what got them there. Most of the guys are just average people who made mistakes, and /or some come from horrific backgrounds, and continued the old patterns of abuse. Ever wonder why the geneologies of Christ in Mathew and Mark? Mathew's is of His father's side and Mark, His mother's. Re-read the Old Testiment and every crime known to man was committed by one of His ancestors. That is essentially the purpose of a Genogram. Acknowledgement of our past and the pasts that we come from. The trick is to take Responsibility and stop-switch from ingrained thinking errors. Hence the program name O.A.R., or 'Offender Acknowledgement of Responsibility'.

Like a computer, a bad instruction set will result in a predictable bad outcome. This whole thing is about debugging a meat computer. No one is born to hurt folks and go to prison. Thinking errors can be corrected, especially when there is sufficient motivation to do so. Being locked up is a major one! Once the website is up, much more will be explained. The 'Small Faces' (ancient rock band of the 60's) once sang "Life is just a bowl of oatmeal, you wake up in the morning and it's there." Redefining our personal 'there' can be a good thing. <g> Ric

Ric

   ...the Sin of Ignorance, and
   ...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256