iso disk problems

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 27 15:47:56 UTC 2006

Tim wrote:
> Tim:
>
>>>I think the pause/resume feature that Firefox purports to offer does
>>>not
>

> Mike McCarty:
>
>>It pauses a download ALREADY IN PROGRESS and if it is then clicked
>>it resumes the SAME DOWNLOAD.
>

> It *never* does that here.  It just sits there doing nothing.  Even on
> my local server, which I know supports resuming downloads and has no
> stupid tricks implemented to thwart resumes.

AFAICT, it instructs it not to ACK one of the packets or request
another, thus "pausing" the download.

> Every version of Mozilla or Firefox, Windows or Linux, that I've tried,
> behaves that way.

Mine definitely causes a pause. How long one may let it go that way,
I dunno. If one exits the tool, however, it cannot resume where it
left off. It deletes the partial file. It does not what one would
really like a pause/resume to do.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.