reading a 32-fat HD with fedora

umberto rossi umbertorossi_000 at fastwebnet.it
Fri Jan 27 17:07:10 UTC 2006

Il gio, 2006-01-26 alle 23:53, Les Mikesell ha scritto:
> On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 13:36, umberto rossi wrote:
>
> > Now comes the new problem. The fdisk -l command told me the second hard
> > disk is called hdb1 (I mean the part of the HD where the data are). It
> > also told me that the external HD is called sda or something like that.
> > But when I issue the mount command for the hdb1 I receive a message that
> > tells me that the hdb1 device does not exist in the etc/fstab and
> > etc/mtab files. The syntax I used is:
> >
> > mount dev/hdb1 /home/berto/ubik

Thank you and the others who sent advice. I solved the problem - I mean,
I issued the correct mount command and now everything works allright -
both the 2nd, 32fat HD and the external disk.

Now I'd just need to know how to edit the fstab file so that everytime I
open the machine the two drives are automatically assigned to the two
folders.

Anyway, I really appreciated your patience!

Thanx again

ur