iso disk problems

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 27 16:44:17 UTC 2006

Tim:
>> Every version of Mozilla or Firefox, Windows or Linux, that I've tried,
>> behaves that way.   [doesn't resume paused downloads]

Mike McCarty:
> Mine definitely causes a pause. How long one may let it go that way,
> I dunno. If one exits the tool, however, it cannot resume where it
> left off. It deletes the partial file. It does not what one would
> really like a pause/resume to do.

Oh, mine definitely stops downloading if I press the pause button, but
it never recovers (under any circumstances).

'tis a thorough pain.  There's any number of websites that are slow or
unreliable, and being able to resume a download is very useful.  They
tend to be the ones that are next to impossible to use with an external
download manager, too, as they don't have a normal download link; they
have some stupid JavaScript or abuse form elements in some manner.

I read messages from the public lists.