Procmail recipes

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Jan 27 21:58:32 UTC 2006

Am Fr, den 27.01.2006 schrieb Anne Wilson um 22:17:

> I'm having great problems trying to adapt my procmail for mbox recipes
> to work the maildir folders.  For instance:
>
> :0:
> * ^To:.*design at lydgate.org
> ./Mail/Design
>
> worked fine on the old server.  On the new one I've tried
>
> :0
> * ^To:.*design at lydgate.org
> {$MAILDIR}Design
>
> {$MAILDIR}Design/
>
> {$MAILDIR}.Design
>
> {$MAILDIR}.INBOX.Design

1st note: wanting Maildir storage with Procmail you _must_ give the
target a path with a trailing slash. Without the trailing slash Procmail
will store in mbox format.

2nd note: using a variable the syntax is i.e. ${MAILDIR}

> Every time, I get the message appended to a text file, as though it was
> an mbox file, in ~/Maildir.

See above. 3 of your test syntax lines are wrong because of missing
trailing slash. The one with the trailing slash writes should have
written into directory "Design" as a maildir, though the path is not the
one you expect it to be; i.e. if you specified
"MAILDIR=/home/awilson/Mail/", then the result would have been
"/{/home/awilson/Mail/}Design".

Following should work as expected:

###

MAILDIR=/home/awilson/Mail/
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR

:0
* ^To:.*design at lydgate.org
$MAILDIR/Design/

###

> Anne

Alexander

Serendipity 22:46:18 up 54 days, 3:23, load average: 1.91, 1.57, 1.48