FC4 - Where is GNOME? The reason is related to a previous Xscreensaver version

Hoffmann oasf2004 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 28 00:52:24 UTC 2006

Hello All:

I just realized the reason for the problem I related
in my previous posting (see bellow).

Since there exist a bug in the Xscreensaver version
4.21, which is reponsible for problems on KDE, I
decided to unistall it. Moreover, I installed the last
(good) version 4.23. The problem is that during the
uninstallation of the "buggy' Xscreensaver, the GNOME
session is also uninstalled, due to dependences.

In order to solve this problem, I would suggest to the
Fedora people, please, update the Xscreensaver 4.21 to
Xscreensaver 4.23. This way all will be fine.

All I can do, for while, is to uninstall the 4.21
version of Xscreensaver, following by the
reinstallation of the version 4.23. This way, however,
I will "lost" GNOME...

Hoffmann