Compile Problem

Dan Trainor info at hostinthebox.net
Sat Jan 28 02:05:49 UTC 2006

CodeHeads wrote:
> I have a problem and I cannot find anything on google. :(
>
> I am trying to compile ezmlm browse.  and I am getting the following
> error:
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbg-sysdeps
> collect 2: ld returned 1 exit status

Hi -

So we know this is a library, as indicated by -l.

A very useful tool for myself anwyay, is http://rpm.pbone.net.  What
I'll do is look for the most specific, non-specific (huh?) element of
what I'm looking for.  If I search for 'sysdeps' on that site, I can see
that this library could be from one of a few different packages.  It may
not tell you *the* package, but it certainly narrows down the list.

Hope that helps
-dant