how to remove packages from yum upgrade

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 28 11:36:32 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 14:16 -0500, Ken Schutte wrote:
> I guess an "all packages" install was a mistake...

It can be.  I did that once, to try and avoid having to solve
dependencies all over the place, myself, later on when I wanted to try
out something new.

What happens is even more dependencies need solving anytime you do an
update, which involves many megs of updates to stuff you don't use, nor
even knew you had.

With YUM, etc., it's easier to install things you want to try later, and
solve the extra dependencies there and then.

I read messages from the public lists.