mp3 plugin for rhythmbox

umberto rossi umbertorossi_000 at fastwebnet.it
Sat Jan 28 16:18:31 UTC 2006

Il sab, 2006-01-28 alle 16:12, Don Bedsole ha scritto:
> Hi Umberto,
> I have also checked into installing the Fluendo plugin.  I believe that to use
> this plugin you would also need to install the latest version of Gstreamer
> (GStreamer 0.10).  If I'm wrong about this, someone please correct me.  While
> I'm sure this is possible, if you are, like me, a relative novice with Linux,
> your best (or at least, less stressful) option may be to wait for Fedora Core
> 5 which I believe will include this latest version of GStreamer.  This would
> mean waiting until the March 15th release date.  After installing FC5 you
> might do better installing the plugin.  Trying to do it now would probably
> entail dealing with some unresolved dependency issues.
>
> I also want to say "Hi" to the community.  This is my first post to the list.

Might be an idea... but - though march is not year 2048 - it seems a bit
too long...

Anyway, I couldn't install that plugin properly, because by issuing the
commands in the install instructions I got no result whatsoever. As for
yum, total and repeated failure: I keep receiving error message and
nothing is installed.

I even tried installing the XMMS rpm, but to no avail. Couldn't install
anything. It seems the installation cannot create a certain direcory
(and I did it as root).

However, since I finally managed to configure the 2nd HD I guess that by
trial and error I'll manage to do also that. But I am still looking for
a viable solution, and above all detailed instructions...