automount windows 2000 share

Edwin Dicker fedora at dicker.nl
Sat Jan 28 18:38:30 UTC 2006

Hello guys,

I'm trying to automount some shares from XP and W2K clients on my FC4 box
using autofs.

All automounts to the XP clients are working, but to the W2K client are not.
Manually mounting the W2K share works with : mount -t cifs //w2ksuus/d
/tmp/test -o username=name,password=passwd

This is in my /etc/auto.master :

/misc/w2ksuus   /etc/auto.w2ksuus.misc --timeout=60
/misc/wxpedwin  /etc/auto.wxpedwin.misc --timeout=60
/misc/wxpkim    /etc/auto.wxpkim.misc --timeout=60

and this in my /etc/auto.w2ksuus.misc :

c      -fstype=cifs,username=name,password=passwd w2ksuus:c
d      -fstype=cifs,username=name,password=passwd w2ksuus:d

I've tried to change fstype to smbfs and smb but nothing works, except for
the manual mount method described above.
The username and password are the correct ones, and the XP and W2K clients
are not in a domain.
After every change I restart autofs.

Can anyone help ?

Thaks in advance,