mp3 plugin for rhythmbox

Richard England rengland at europa.com
Sun Jan 29 00:31:13 UTC 2006

umberto rossi wrote:
> Il sab, 2006-01-28 alle 04:58, Peter Gordon ha scritto:
>
>> On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 22:09 +0100, umberto rossi wrote:
>>  Anyway, the Rythmbox can't
>>
>>> read mp3s...
>>>
>> Does that work with the GStreamer 0.8 shipped with a stock Fedora
>> install? Probably not...
>>
>> What you may want to do is install the appropriate package(s) from
>> Livna's repository, as explained in the unofficial Fedora FAQ.[1]
>>
>> [1] http://www.fedorafaq.org/#mp3
>>

> Oh, thank you but I have already tried that, following the instructions
> of the same page you refer to (after having installed the yum file they
> provide), but no way, I have tried six or seven times, all I get are a
> series of error messages. I don't know if that's a problem of websites
> no more available or heavy Internet traffic, but it simply doesn't work.
>
> And that's why I tried the Fluendo plugin.
>
> ur

Post the error messages you are seeing when you attempt to use yum and
perhaps some one can help you determine what your problem is.

Also indicate what you get when you type in    "yum --v"   (that is two
hyphens, not one)  and what your /etc/yum.conf file contains.

I'm not expert but you may just not be able to get there with FC2

~~R