can an access point connect through an access point?

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sun Jan 29 08:01:33 UTC 2006

On Sun January 29 2006 2:54 am, Claude Jones wrote:
> Topology is: Wireless broadband comes into my house through radio; radio
> has a LAN port which connects to my WAN nic; my LAN nic is connected to a
> D-Link G700AP - various PC's throughout my house connect via WIFI to this
> AP, and all works well.

Additional detail: the box that my broadband is connected to is an FC4 box.
It's acting as router and doing DHCP for the LAN. The machines on the LAN are
all Windows boxes, though slowly being changed over to Linux. That's why I
need to dump the Microsoft USB WIFI nic.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA