Install over NFS

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jan 29 15:27:16 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 17:14 +0200, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> Having the ISO files on the target server is not enough.
> You'll need to unpack the ISO into a single directory and point the
> anaconda to that destination.

I thought that NFS installs would only use ISO files on the server?
Granted that you've got to have the installation routines available as
files on the machine that you're going to install onto, but it accessed
the disk images remotely.

To install from a directory tree of installation RPMs over a network, I
had to use the HTTP method.

I read messages from the public lists.