Looking for a database

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Jan 29 17:56:08 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 17:33:52 +0000,
  Paul Smith <phhs80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks to all. I have tried OpenOffice Base, but it is slow.
> Postgresql seems to be nice. Is there some gui for it, i.e., for
> postgresql?

There is pgadmin. I think its focus is on doing administrative things, so
it may not be as good for manipulating data as some other front ends.

You can find out more about pgadmin here: http://www.pgadmin.org/

For front ends for manipulating data you will have a lot more options,
since those kinds of programs can typically talk to different database
software. For postgres specific stuff you could look for projects at
http://gborg.postgresql.org/ and http://pgfoundry.org/ .