FC4 - SERIOUS problem with GRUB. How can I solve this?

Hoffmann oasf2004 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 22:16:23 UTC 2006

-- akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:

> > I am totally lost now! I realized (after taking a
> look
> > into my BIOS) that my CD-ROM "is not installed"
> > anymore... So, I cannot install Fedora or restore
> my
> > Windows back.
> > I would appreciate any help!
> > Hoffmann
> >
> What makes you think that your CDROM is not
> installed. Destroying a
> partition should not have an effect of the BIOS. I
> suspect it may need
> to be activated but he BIOS can do that.
>
> Then to recap, forget about restoring your Windows
> boot block.
> Install fedora which will allow you to create the
> non Windows
> partition and install fedora. A grub boot block will
> be installed and
> entries in the grub.conf file will allow you to boot
> Windows.
>
> However, if you want to just have Windows for now
> you can recreate the
> Windows boot block by the methods suggested in the
> other postings.
> --

> Aaron Konstam
> Computer Science
> Trinity University
> telephone: (210)-999-7484
>
> --

Hi Aaron,

Let me explain better:
 I took a look on the BIOS and what I read there is
"CDROM group non-installed". That surprised me!!!
This way, after setting "read CDROM" as the FIRST
priority on the BIOS, I cannot be able to boot from
CD. Consequently, I cannot reinstall Fedora.
Am I missing anything?
Please, let me know.

Thanks!
Hoffmann