can an access point connect through an access point?

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sun Jan 29 23:59:55 UTC 2006

On Sun January 29 2006 2:12 pm, Craig White wrote:
> make sure that you've installed the latest firmware updates on the
> D-Link AP - perhaps they've added features since the device left the
> factory.

Yup, did that this morning
> I am presuming that it is the D-Link that you wish to put into a
> 'bridging' mode - that is, wirelessly connect to another AP.

That is correct - there are two D-Link DWL700AP devices - one is the existing
Access point for my LAN; the second, I would like to use as a bridge from one
of my computers, back to the original Access Point - far as I can tell, from
all the info in the manual, and from the support pages on D-Links site, my
particular model Access Point can't be put into "bridge" mode

> There is hardware to do that - but that doesn't mean that your device is
> capable of it or not capable of it. I simply don't know.
>
> I believe that their DWL-G710 Wireless Range Extender can do what you
> want...
I've found an ActionTek device that seems to fill the bill - it's designed as
a wireless bridge to connect to wireless Access Points, according to their
spec sheets and promos - got one ordered

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA