GNOME - Tool Tips

David Boles dgboles at comcast.net
Mon Jan 30 02:57:17 UTC 2006

David Boles wrote:
> Would someone please point me to the information/instructions that will let me
> turn off the 'popup' tool tips that display from the menus, when mouse over is
> on a menu item, or when mouse over is on a menu name in the panel.

Replying to myself. I received this information from another list.

Type this (all on one line) into a terminal:

gconftool-2 --set /apps/panel/global/tooltips_enabled --type=boolean false

You can turn it back on with:

gconftool-2 --set /apps/panel/global/tooltips_enabled --type=boolean true

Hope that helps,

Daniel
--

  David