dhclient not using settings in .conf file

Thomas Fischer tvfischer.l at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 07:26:59 UTC 2006

All,

I am having a weird problem with dhclient, that I have no idea how to resolve!

I have some prepend an postpend statements in dhclient conf file. Statements
like this:
	supersede domain-name "fischer-lxsrv.work.tvf-prod.com";
	prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
	supersede ntp-servers 66.187.233.4,66.187.224.4;
	request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, routers,
		domain-name, domain-name-servers, host-name;

However dhclient never uses these and only inserts the values received from
the dhcp server. So far example, I never see the 127.0.0.1 in my
/etc/resolv.conf...

Any ideas on why this happening and how I can debug this?

	thanks

		--t