IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad UltraNav on Fedora

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 12:45:39 UTC 2006

2006/1/29, Matthew Saltzman <mjs at ces.clemson.edu>:
> On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Thomas Springer wrote:
>
> > Am Sonntag, den 29.01.2006, 16:10 +0100 schrieb Uno Engborg:
> >
> > I have an T-Series with FC4 installed.
> >
> >> -Will both the rubber stick and the touchpad area work at the same time?
> > Yes.
> >
> >> - Can I use the upper three buttons as a normal 3-button mouse, or will
> >> the middle mouse button be uses in conjunction with the rubber stick to
> >> control scrolling. (Or can I configure that somehow, I think I would have
> >> preferred it as 3 buggon mouse).
> >>
> > Yes.
> >
> >> - Is it hard to setup? What is the function out of the box without no
> >> special tweaking of /etc/X11/xorg.conf apart from what you get from the
> >> normal GUI fedora installer.
> >>
> > WorksForMe.
>
> http://www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/synaptics.shtml may be useful.
>

> >> - Can I use the two large mouse buttons (the ones closest to the user)
> >> to emulate a three button mouse?
> >>
> > Yes.
>

> >> Anything else I should be aware of? With respect to UltraNav or
> >> Thinkpads in general (most likely some R-series model).
> >>
> > Suspend/Resume doesn't work out-of-the-box.
>
> http://www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/suspend_mem.shtml
>
> I don't think the latest ones have the Radeon suspend issue, but I'm not
> sure.
>

> > I tried to give you only trustful information:-)
> >
> > From what i read in your post i believe you *want* to buy a tp rsn.
> > Here you can find a lot of advise:
> > http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki
> >

> --
>                Matthew Saltzman
>
> Clemson University Math Sciences
> mjs AT clemson DOT edu
> http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs
>
> --

i am additionally using tpb (thinkpad buttons) from the extras
repository to have the additional keys (like volume keys) working and
having osd output on my r51.

just curious did anyone yet setup the red stick to have the "scroll
active window" functionality when pressing the middle touchpad button?
I could imagine that it wouldnt be that bad of a setting really for
productivity.

regards,
Rudolf Kastl