install palmon to wine

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Mon Jan 30 16:54:50 UTC 2006

Yuandan Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install PalmOne Desktop (from PalmOne CD) for Palm Tungen 5
> (T5)to wine. Once the cd inserted, it was automatically mounted at
> /mdeia/cdwriter. However, when I looked at this mount point dir, ls
> -lat /media/cdwriter, there was nothing there. df command shows it is
> about 250MB. How can I make it visiable or how to install PalmOne
> desktop to wine?
>
> Yuandan

Is it a multi-format CD? I have run into problems a time
or two with multi-secession CDs formatted for both MAC
and Windows, and the wrong secession getting mounted.
Sometime you can get by by manually mounting the CD, and
specifying iso9660 as the file system type. If all else
fails, you can use the secession option as part of the
mount command. Something like:

mount -o secession=2 /dev/cdrom /mdeia/cdwriter

Mikkel