FC4 - File System with Errors!

Hoffmann oasf2004 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 18:04:41 UTC 2006

--- Alessandro Brezzi <alessandro.brezzi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2006/1/30, Hoffmann oasf2004 at yahoo.com:
> >

> > Hi Alessandro,
> >
> > Yes, my HD is a SATA. And, as you can see from my
> GRUB.
> > How can I solve this?"), now I have neither
> Windows
> > nor Fedora. I am stuggling to have my OS's back...
> >
> > Hoffmann
>

> Can you assure your CD / DVD drive is working?
> Please try mount the drive in
> another box to see if it is working.
> Have you tried to boot the same CD /DVD of Fedora in
> a different PC?
> Is you PC booting from a live distro if the SATA
> drive is disconnected?
>
> If all the answer are affermative (I assume your
> SATA drive is connected to
> the integrated VIA / nVIDIA controller), chance are
> your MoBo have some
> problem.
>
> --
> Alessandro Brezzi

Alessandro:

Both my CD/DVD drivers were working FINE!
All the mess happened after I deleted the Fedora
partition. Now all I have is a 'stupid' Grub ( grub>_
) prompt that is preventing me to boot to Windows.
Moreover, now I cannot even install Fedora back.
What I did now was to call a technician to fix my
machine.

Hoffmann