fc4 64 bits an msi neo4

Nathan Grennan fedora-list at cygnusx-1.org
Mon Jan 30 18:15:19 UTC 2006

bsnottum at hkskole.no wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> I am trying to install fc4 server on a machine with a Msi neo4
> motherboard. The motherboard has nforce chipset.
>
> I keep getting kernel errors after installation - I think they are ralated
> to the sata drivers. Does anyone know if there are any reported erors with
> this motherboard/ chipset and fc4?

  I have a MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum motherboard and it works great with
FC4. But I think you should specify if the board is AMD or Intel based.

  I have read reports of problems with Seagate drives and the Silicon
Image sata controller that is on my board. The SI controller is an
add-on controller, and I chose not to use it to avoid problems. I also
had fun getting the second gigabit controller working. It requires the
sky2 driver which isn't in the standard FC4 kernels. I had to use the
netdev kernels from John Linville,
http://people.redhat.com/linville/kernels/fedora-netdev/. Luckily the
sky2 driver has been merged into the development kernels so it should
just work with FC5.