Postfix problem (Solved, now more.... )

Tony Dietrich td at transoft-adsl.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 19:51:34 UTC 2006

On Thursday 26 Jan 2006 01:11, William Yardley wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 11:56:58PM +0000, Tony Dietrich wrote:
> > Recently, I've had the problem that any mail addressed to that system
> > spawns a smtpd process, which locks.
> >
> > Telnetting into smtp produced the expected responses, right up to the
> > point where you send the rcpt to: line, at which point everything
> > freezes.
> >
> > There's nothing visible in any log file to point to any error.
>
> There are no errors in /var/log/maillog?
>
> > I suspect a postfix problem, but don't have the knowledge to know where
> > to look next.
>
> What's the output of postconf -n?
> What's in your master.cf file?
>
> What's the output of "ps -ef | grep postfix"

Sorry about the delay repying.  Problem is solved.  Turned out to be a
permissions problem on the mail spool directory.

Now all I have to do is work out how to integrate postfix and spamassassin and
clamAV on *this* system.  Yes, I know there are loads of howto's around, but
they expect you to be setting up a system from scratch.  This server is a
running server, and I cannot take it out of service too long!

I have Spamassassin working fine from a system-wide procmail script which
looks like:

/usr/bin/spamc | sendmail (parameters)

Any ideas anyone?

TD