FC4 kernel upgrade woes!

David J. Bakeman dbakeman at comcast.net
Mon Jan 30 20:28:39 UTC 2006

I recently say a month ago installed FC4 and everything seems to work
great.  It's nice to plug in my firewire drives and immediately see them
appear and get mounted!

The issue is that if I try to update to a later FC4 kernel say
2.6.14-1.1637_FC4 or 2.6.14-1.1644_FC4 both from rpms I can boot to
these just fine but the firewire stuff stops working :<(  Actually it
might still work but all of the udev etc magic no longer works!  Anybody
know why this happened?  For now I've gone back to the original
2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 kernel.

Thanks