FC4 - File System with Errors!

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 03:15:56 UTC 2006

On 1/30/06, Hoffmann <oasf2004 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Both my CD/DVD drivers were working FINE!
> All the mess happened after I deleted the Fedora
> partition. Now all I have is a 'stupid' Grub ( grub>_

grub> rootnoverify (hd0,0)
grub> chainloader +1

Try the above commands to get Windows to boot from the GRUB command
prompt.  Those assume that Windows is installed as normal on the first
partition of the first BIOS drive.  If that doesn't work, try tweaking
the (hd0,0).  GRUB supports tab completion and will show you what your
options should be.  You deleted your Fedora partition which had the
grub.conf on it which told GRUB where your OSes where installed.

Knowing a little about GRUB comes in handy at times:
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html

> ) prompt that is preventing me to boot to Windows.
> Moreover, now I cannot even install Fedora back.
> What I did now was to call a technician to fix my
> machine.

Best wishes if you decide to pursue that technician route... : )

Jonathan