snd_atiixp oss sound choppy

Schlaegel 777tahder at schlaegel.com
Tue Jan 31 07:43:20 UTC 2006

On 1/30/06, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I find realplayer unusable on this hardware.  Alsa sound works fine, but
> realplay uses oss.  The sound is unusable, because it is so choppy.  I
> tried kde control-center/sound system, and tried setting a larger buffer,
> but no good.
I have the same hardware and was annoyed before redhat/fedora
supported alsa. Yea, oss still breaks it.

> Any ideas?

I have not come up with any solution that works, but would love to
find one myself. I believe the current issue is unrelated to my old
oss issue, because now oss programs are using oss emulation in alsa.