Package to represent network traffic

Edward Dekkers edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 3 07:38:59 UTC 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 15:32, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>
>>> I once had an installed package that gave a graphical representation of
>>> traffic on the network, but I can't remember its name.  I've tried searching
>>> yum with a few guesses, without success.  Can anyone help?
>
>> I think the package you want is called mrtg and is part of the
>> distribution FC4 and FC5.
>
> Mrtg will pull the traffic info via snmp from remote systems
> and routers.  It is easier to use with a tool like cacti that
> provides a web interface for the setup:  http://www.cacti.net/.
>
> You can watch your local interface and other system counters
> with gkrellm.

ntop is extremely cool. Maybe that's the one you were thinking?

Can view via any web browser on (default) port 3000.

Simple RPM install from memory.

Ed.

--
***DISCLAIMER***

The director of Triple D Computer Services does not believe in
disclaimers or signatures - and thinks they are a severe waste of
bandwidth - if you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you
must stand on your head whilst picking your nose and singing the
national anthem.