Segmentation fault during upgrade

Scott R. Godin scott.g at mhg2.com
Thu Jul 6 17:47:40 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 10:06 -0700, Paul Erickson wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I am not running any of the drivers you mention.

good enough. limits the possible culprits.

> It appears that the problem occurred while installing
> kernel-2.6.17-1.2145_FC5. Having not rebooted,
> I am still using kernel-2.6.16-1.2133_FC5.

presuming you have not gone on to try and finish the installation, I
suggest talking with the folks in the #rpm channel on irc.freenode.net
who can point you to the resources outlining the steps you'll need to
take properly to verify the integrity of the rpm database before
continuing.