Audigy 2 has no playback sound

Hadders fedora at workingwithit.com
Wed Jul 12 20:36:45 UTC 2006

Hi all,
   I've just added a Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS to my system and disabled
my integrated sound.

Then the new card is/was detected by Kudzu and even under
system-config-soundcard the hardware looks to be correct,  snd-emu10k1

However, I'm getting no playback sound? I've selected all the different
output PCM options... but nothing.

I've had  a quick hunt through google and am confused... my system
appears to be setup for support okay, as it has the alsa-lib and
alsa-utils (1.0.11-4 rc2)

However, I have no /etc/modules.conf file, in which to place the
recommend modules configuration
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Creative+Labs&card=Sound+Blaster+Audigy2+ZS+Value.&chip=CA0108&module=emu10k1

Also, I am unsure as to why it detects, but does not playback. I've
loaded alsamixer and things look okay in there?

And yes, I have made sure the output jack IS in the right plug, as it
works under Windoze.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.