Mail Server

Jay Lee jlee at pbu.edu
Tue Jul 25 12:08:56 UTC 2006

Vinayak Mahadevan wrote:
> I would like to host a mail server for my company using FC 5. What are the
> steps I have to follow to do this. If there is a manual for setting up an
> email server please give me the link.

I'm going to go out on a limb and recommend a completely different
approach.  Take a look at the Courier Suite
(http://www.courier-mta.org).  It's the only (open source) mail server
for Linux I know of that is completely integrated (SMTP Server, Delivery
Agent, IMAP and POP3 all in one).  It does not ship with Core or Extras
and there are no binary packages but it's quite easy to build on any RPM
distro like FC5.  Getting things like LDAP or MySQL based auth (for all
components, not just 1 or two) is quite simple and the speed and
flexibility is excellent.

Jay