password protect printer???

Deepak Shrestha d88pak at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 16:08:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

this is somewhat general question.

In the past I had trouble using FC machine as print server (especially
for windows machines). I'm using HP printer. hpijs for linux doesn't
work same as the driver for windows machines and had gone through lots
of touble (on ink control etc.). This time I want to use XP machine as
print server because majority of machines are XP but only one problem.
Since all my network is P2P, printer is available to everybody. To
avoid accidental printing, i want to password protect the shared
printer. I know it is possible in Win98/ME machines and generally not
possible in XP by default.

My question is does somebody know some tweaks around this?

Thanks