Respin FC5 install with updated kernel

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jul 1 14:34:07 UTC 2006

Unofficial: http://fedora.kanarip.com/fedoraunity/i386/20060621/

> It looks like 2.6.17 is the first kernel I can
> boot on my x86_64 hardware since 2.6.13, which prevented me from
> upgrading from FC4 to FC5.
Would you be willing to give FC6test1 a try ? Maybe get the
discboot.iso, and if that can succesfully boot decide if you would like
to test FC6 at this early stage ?

> I need not only to have the updated kernel installed, but also boot
> Anaconda with an updated kernel image.
>
> Also, it looks like FC5 has a unified UP and SMP kernel -- correct?
No. It has better detection of which is required, and the smp is more
stable, so there is less chance that it wont work.