GNOME won't boot

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Jul 3 17:01:08 UTC 2006

Paul Howarth wrote:
> However, many installs will have issues "out of the box" as anaconda
> is less fussy about resolving dependencies than yum is (it has to be,
> otherwise upgrades to systems that have third-party packages
> installed would fail). So, here's the output from one of the boxes at
> work, which I shall fix later today:
> # package-cleanup --problems
> Setting up yum
> Reading local RPM database
> Processing all local requires
> Missing dependencies:
> Package moin-fastcgi requires mod_fastcgi
> Package mgdiff requires libXm.so.3
> Package tcptraceroute requires libpcap.so.0.8.3
>
> Paul.

Thanks for pointing out the upgrade path possibly breaking many
requirements in order to install. I'll have to run the tool Wednesday on
an installation which went through several upgrade cycles. It most
likely has packages which are short the needed libraries, helper
applications.

Jim

--
A diplomat's life consists of three things: protocol, Geritol, and alcohol.
		-- Adlai Stevenson