Skype Handset

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 16:29:09 UTC 2006

On 28/06/06, Fred Lackey <fred.lackey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any feedback on a handset or headset that has had
> success with Skype on more than just Windows (either Mac or Linux)?
>
> Here are the two I am trying to decide between...
>
>         NEXOTEK P-600S "Skype Smart Phone"
>         http://www.nexotek.com/p600s.html
>         - Claims to work well on Linux, Mac, and Windows
>
>         Simply Phone P1K-1
>         http://www.simplyphone.lu/index.php?t=prod_detail&pid=21&language=EN
>         http://us.accessories.skype.com/direct/skypeusa/itemdetl.jsp?prod=2853
>
> I generally travel with two laptops... a Mac PowerBook and a Toshiba
> Linux (FC5 / Ubuntu 5 dual boot).  I'd like to use a USB handset
> interchangeably between the two machines.  USR has one that I was
> looking at but [of course] it only plays nice with Windows.
>
> Thanks, in advance.

I was going to stay out of this thread and jsut follow it, but seeing
how nobody answered, have you contacted the companies that manufacure
the headsets that you're looking at? Even if they don't have
information on linux compatbility, the very fact that you write to
them will alert them to the fact that they cannot afford to ignore
linux users. If you have written to them, what were their responses?

Dotan Cohen
http://ie-only.com