How to update to OpenOffice 2.0. ?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Jul 5 11:31:20 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 08:02:08AM -0700, Paul Erickson wrote:
> Reading the thread on "Plan for OpenOffice 2.0.3" drew my attention to
> the fact that my machine has openoffice-1.0.2-11. When I try to update
> with "check-update openoffice*" I get:

Err, what version of Fedora do you have? The package that came with FC2 is
1.1.1-4. Yet you have yum, and judging from its output, something relatively
recent.

> updates [2/3]
> extras [3/3]
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> but when it is done, rpm -q openoffice returns "openoffice-1.0.2-11"
> What am I doing wrong?

Oh, also, here's a thing: since OpenOffice is officially and clumsily named
OpenOffice.org (yes, the office suite name contains the actual TLD, making
me always think "shouldn't the web site then be openoffice.org.org?"), so
the package is "openoffice.org", not just "openoffice"....