DejaVu fonts for Fedora Core 6 feedback call

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Thu Jul 6 02:07:42 UTC 2006

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> A new font family is being proposed as the Fedora Core default. It
> probably impacts your language. Please tell us what you think about it:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fonts/DejavuFeedbackCall

Sorry, I appreciate the need for wider glyph coverage and the Dejavu set
is nice in many visual respects, in small amounts, but I very much
prefer the original default face that came with Fedora 5 (Luxi?). My
eyesight is not what it used to be and I find the Dejavu fonts very much
less readable (seems mostly spacing issues: too "cramped" too "lumpy").
Sorry I can't be any more specific.

I installed as suggested:

#  yum --enablerepo=extras install dejavu-fonts \
dejavu-fonts-experimental dejavu-fonts-makedefault

I tried to revert by uninstalling dejavu-fonts-makedefault, but it had
no effect.

How do I get back to the original default fonts?

<Joe