DejaVu fonts for Fedora Core 6 feedback call

Chong Yu Meng chongym at cymulacrum.net
Thu Jul 6 02:15:08 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 18:37 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
> Peter Gordon wrote:
> > On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 08:04:47 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> >> Dear Fedora user,
> >>
> >> A new font family is being proposed as the Fedora Core default. It
> >> probably impacts your language. Please tell us what you think about it:
> >>
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fonts/DejavuFeedbackCall
> >>
> >> Happy testing!
> >>

> The fonts are easy to read and clear. I am seeing bold fonts are scaled
> too large when compared to other font selections. The bold scaling is
> the only problem that I see so far.

I think the fonts are beyond beautiful -- they're gorgeous ! Admittedly
my expectations weren't high. I've been struggling with getting fonts
that I actually like looking at since my initiation into Linux in the
late 1990's. I like the serif and sans serif versions of DejaVu and it
renders very well on my Asus laptop -- much better than the default
fonts I used previously.

To whoever created the fonts -- a big thank you !

--
Pascal Chong
email:  chongym at cymulacrum.net
web:    http://cymulacrum.net
pgp:    http://cymulacrum.net/pgp/cymulacrum.asc

"La science ne connaît pas de frontière parce que la connaissance
appartient à l’humanité. et que c’est la flamme qui illumine le monde."

-- Louis Pasteur