ntfs support

Scott R. Godin scott.g at mhg2.com
Thu Jul 6 16:22:39 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 17:00 +0100, Chris Jones wrote:
> On Thursday 06 July 2006 5:03 pm, Scott R. Godin wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 10:50 -0500, Christian Langer wrote:
> > > I just installed the latest yum updates, and my ntfs support
> > > disappeared. Any way to get it back?
> > >
> > > Chris
> >
> > http://www.linux-ntfs.org/
> >
> > ntfs support is not part of Fedora, and never has been, to the best of
> > my knowledge.
>
> I think what he means is he is using the livna rpm kmod-ntfs which provides FC
> with ntfs support. Currently this seems to not be available for the latest
> kernel - I guess it will come along at some point.

aha! (makes mental note that livna has a kmod_ntfs)

that sounds FAR more likely.

Christian, if this is what's going on, reboot temporarily to the former
kernel if/when you need NTFS, until the livna repo catches up with a
fresh build for the new kernel.

(which strikes me as odd that it didn't complain when updating just the
one and not the other, considering they are so dependant on particular
versions of kernel)