How to downgrade cdrecord

Paul Erickson paule at sfu.ca
Fri Jul 7 04:43:28 UTC 2006

Paul Smith wrote:
> On 7/2/06, Olaf Müller <daily-planet at istari.de> wrote:
>> > Definitely, cdrecord does not work for a very long time, which is a
>> > shame. Could someone please tell me how to downgrade to previous
>> > version of cdrecord?
>> The following sources are working great here:
>> - cdrtools from ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/
>> - dvd+rw-tools from
>> http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/tools/?M=D
>
> I do not know why, but I just did
>
> rpm -e --nodeps cdrecord
> yum install cdrecord
>
> and, suddenly, cdrecord started again to work fine!
>
> Paul

Are you running this as root, or as another user?

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email: va7nt at telus.net

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad."

“Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.” - Thomas Mann

"That state which separates it's warriors from it's scholars will have it's thinking done by cowards and fighting done by fools" - Thucydides - The Pelopenisia